Author Topic: Torvald Hammer application  (Read 82 times)

Torvald_Hammer

• Guild Members
Torvald Hammer application
« on: April 26, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »
OOC information
Name: Bart (but i prefer to be called by character name)

Experience with WoW
How long have you played WoW?
I have been playing for over ten years, i don't quite know the exact count because i don't keep track of things like that.

What do you know of Warcraft lore?
Quite alot, i enjoy researching the lore and knowing the stories of the world. Heck, i was there for most of them when they were introduced. i haven't read any of the Canon books but i have read the cliff-notes.

Highest leveled character?

What is your roleplay experience?
I have been roleplaying for many years on Defias Brotherhood, held council positions and generally know most of the roleplaying community.

Additional questions
How did you hear of us?
From Roleplay, The disciples have been around for a long time, My old main has been a protagonist and friend to the Disciples for ages.

Do you know anyone in the order already?
Yes, i know Valestrion, Yriah, Yannim ooc and ic. I know most of the members of the disciples from RP but this character Torvald doesn't know them in RP yet

What are your hobbies?
All pretty much computer and tech related, i work with programming, electronics and stuff like that, oh and i ride dirt-bikes when-ever time permits.

Do you work? are you student? Something else?
Work... way too much

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct?
Yes, i was even asked once in RP to help another of your applicants understand the rules a while ago.

What can you contribute with in the guild?
I am always willing to help and join in when i can and i have a broad sense of humour.

What is your average online time? Around what time are you frequently online or do you typically play?
I am returning to WOW after a hiatus of a few months, but my average online times if i can get back into my rythym is roughly from about 6pm to 11pm weekdays and weekends are flexible.

IC information

Character Name
Torvald Hammer

Character Race
Human

Character Class
Paladin

Male/Female
Male

Birthplace
Stormwind

Age or Date of Birth
roughly 35, was an orphan of the war so the exact date isn't known

Short Piece of writing
During the savagery of the wars Azeroth has fought, many families were torn apart and forgotten. One of the victims was young Torvald. He was found as a baby amidst the wreckage of a village. Torvald was taken in by the Orphanage in Stormwinds Cathedral Square and raised by the nurturing matrons there. As a child he watched the Paladins ride past with awe and wonder. Torvald longed to be among their ranks and protect his friends and home.

As he grew in the orphanage, he became like a kind older brother to the other orphans, trying to protect and help them. He was finally adopted by a blacksmith at the age of thirteen and began learning to forge weapons and armor. He was given the surname "Hammer" to reflect his new career, but his heart still drew him to want to become a knight and defend everyone in his home. Torvald practiced daily with the weapons and armors he created. During this time he was taught to read and began to frequent the library, reading books of the Light and chivalry manuals.

At the age of 21 Torvald left the warmth of the forge and signed up with the Stormwind infantry. He was not the best soldier as he did not have it in his heart to mindlessly hurt other people. He excelled at defending his fellow soldiers though, using his shield and size to take hits meant to hurt his fellow soldiers. It was around this time the older soldiers noticed he was calling to the light to aide him without knowing it. The Paladins on the front-line began to teach Torvald how the Light can be called upon and focused.

Now after finishing his last tour of duty, Torvald stands at the impressive doors of the Cathedral, older, stronger but ready to learn and stand shoulder to shoulder with the vaunted Paladins of Stormwind.

Valestrion

• Guild Officers
Re: Torvald Hammer application
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:32:18 AM »
Good application.